Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Waiting, waiting, waiting

Waiting to ovulate. It really is stressful. I'm on CD14 with super negative OPKs, although I am having some other symptoms of impeding O. Usually by now my OPKs are getting darker or are even positive, so I'm obviously worrying (of course!). Since I had one 60+ day cycle, I worry every cycle that it's going to happen again. The 2WW after O is also stressful, but at least then there's nothing else I can do, it's out of my control, and I don't have to wait more than 15ish days for the next cycle to start.

I'm very type A (some would call me a control freak....ok, actually a lot of people have called me a control freak), so it's hard for me not to stress when I'm not in control. Our bodies are amazing things, but there is so much we have no control over. It's incredibly frustrating, and it's just as hard every cycle. This cycle I've really been trying to minimize stress, and so far I've actually been doing ok, but if I don't get a +OPK soon it's going to be more difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment