Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Less than a year to go!

Of med school, that is! I'm going to be a doctor. Obviously, I've know that for a while, but it's slowly becoming more and more real. In the beginning of med school, you sit in lectures about biochemistry, anatomy, physiology, and pathology. You yearn for patient contact, to be able to examine and diagnose patients. Then, once you're doing that, you look forward to finishing school and being able to actually practice.

I finished off my 9th semester last week, and started my final year. It's been a long, long journey to say the least. There's still a ways to go, not to mention residency and all that jazz, but I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel now! It's really exciting, but terrifying at the same time.

I'm starting OB/GYN next week, which I am really looking forward to. Or, was, until my miscarriage. Now it's all going to be tainted with my own grief and memories. I'm really hoping I can stay professional and not break down in front of anyone. If I can enjoy the rotation, that would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment