Friday, September 27, 2013

Half Marathon Playlist

When I was getting ready for my half, I obviously wanted to make a killer playlist. I know a lot of people don't run with music, but I do, so I wanted a good playlist to get me through the race. I took my favorite songs off my regular playlists, asked other runner friends, and scoured the internet looking for ideas. I decided to post my playlist in case it helps anyone!

The whole playlist is about 2:45 (the cut-off time for the race, I wanted to make sure I had enough to get me through even if I came in last place!)

A Place to Stay - Jenny Silver *
Amusement Park - 50 Cent
Black or White - Michael Jackson
No Church in the Wild - Jay-Z and Kanye West
No Superstar - Remady **
Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera
Kill Yourself - Timbaland feat. Sebastian and Attitude
I'll be Waiting - Talisman
Evacuate the Dance Floor - Cascada
Lose Yourself - Eminem
Born This Way - Lady Gaga
Pump Up the Jam - Technotronic
Superstar - Jamelia
Without Me - Eminem
Check On It - Beyonce
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Low - Flo Rida feat. T-Pain
Live While We're Young - One Direction
Wake Me Up Before You Go Go - Wham
Jag Måste Kyssa Dig - Nanne Grönvall *
Applause - Lady Gaga
Thrift Shop - Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
Can't Be Touched - Roy Jones Jr.
My Body - Young the Giant
All I Ever Wanted - Basshunter
Troublemaker - Olly Mars feat. Flo Rida
Independent Women Part I - Destiny's Child
Shake That - Eminem feat. Nate Dogg
True To Your Heart - Mulan
Party in the USA - Miley Cyrus
9 to 5 - Dolly Parton
When We Stand Together - Nickelback
Stronger - Kelly Clarkson
Remember the Name - Fort Minor
Paddling Out - Miike Snow
Survivor - Destiny's Child
She's Not Afraid - One Direction
Till I Collapse - Eminem
Footloose - Kenny Loggins
Gangnam Style - PSY
Raise Your Glass - Pink
Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepson
Real Wild Child - Christopher Otcasek


* = Swedish songs that might be difficult to find. (More on Swedish running songs to come in a later post...there are some great ones!)
** = This is a song by a guy who I think is Swiss or something (?) I heard it in a spinning class and fell in love, it's a great running song.

No comments:

Post a Comment