Thursday, October 3, 2013

What has happened in the past week

The past few days have been a whirlwind!

1. I got my formal letter of acceptance for my away rotation in the US. FINALLY.

2. Because of #1, I could finally book my flights to and from the rotation (making a stop on the way to see family and friends, of course), back to the East Coast for Christmas, Hawaii for New Year's with the husband and some high school friends, back to my rotation, and then back to Sweden. Phew. I leave on October 29, which is now less than 4 weeks away!!

3. I found a place to live! I am going to be living with my 2 classmates doing rotations at the same school. One of them I'm pretty good friends with, the other one I don't know well. I did most of the legwork, which was stressful, but we ended up with what I think seems like a pretty nice place. 3 bedrooms, pretty close to the campus.

4. I went for my first semi-successful run today since my half. My hip has been really, really painful but the past few days I've been able to walk without pain. I tried to run on Tuesday but it hurt. Today, my whole hip and quad area felt kind of weird, but it didn't hurt. I ran one lap around the small lake near my apartment, which is probably not even a mile. But whatever, I'm happy, I didn't want to push it.

5. Other than that, I've been swamped with schoolwork. It's presentations, papers, and seminars up the wazoo. Trying to hang on for dear life.

No comments:

Post a Comment