Thursday, October 17, 2013

I vow to never...

I've had a hellish week, loss-wise. Surrounded by pregnant people and new moms, many of whom have said some very obnoxious and hurtful things. One of these people dealt with infertility for years, and I couldn't believe the things that were coming out of her mouth. It's like she has no recollection of what it's like to be on the other side (she doesn't know about my situation).

I told Mr. E about some of the comments and things that have happened, and made him promise that if we ever have a baby and I ever do stuff like that, to punch me in the face.

And I'd like to go on the record and say that *IF* I am ever lucky enough to take home a rainbow, I vow to never:

Rub my belly constantly during a conversation.

Brag-plain about pregnancy having a baby (for example, "well, I never sleep or eat hot food anymore thanks to this kid!" or "This stupid kid is causing me so much back pain!")

Not complain about pregnancy or baby-related stuff to anyone except a select group of people who I know for a fact will not be hurt by it.

Talk about nothing except being pregnant/the baby.

Relate every conversation topic back to the baby.

Ask someone (besides, like, my mom) if they want to feel the baby kicking in my belly.

Show someone 948362648 pictures of the baby without them specifically asking.

Say deep things like, "I never knew what love was until I felt him kick." That stuff is like a knife in the heart to people like me.

Ask anyone, ever, when they're having kids. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment