Monday, January 27, 2014

Annoying people and bragplaining

This is just a vent post. I have a friend, let's call her P. She is constantly bragging about her fitness achievements. But it's always like "oh my gosh, I went out for an easy run and ended up running a half marathon by accident! Was that stupid?" And then everyone's like "noooo, you're amazing!" Drives me batty. No need to bragplain.

Well she has had trouble TTC for a while, and posted a lot of things about being hurt by pregnant people. She recently got a BFP and is posting all kinds of annoying shit, and she's also AWing about some stuff that, IMO, she shouldn't be doing while pregnant. She is just a major AW in general and now this is even worse than usual. And I have several other friends who have dealt with IF and been hurt by pregnant people, then gotten pregnant and had babies and been soooo annoying and AW-y the whole time. I don't get it.

A post from this person today made me cry and I was having a good day otherwise. I want to be happy for her but right now I'm just hurting.

Just needed to get that off my chest. If you read all that, thanks for listening. <3

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog on TB. I just wanted to say that I am so sorry you have to listen to inconsiderate people like that. I know what you are talking about, too - I have "friends" who just make the whole TTC/IVF journey harder than it has to be with their announcements, bragging, and just plain insensitivity. People should know better. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete