Saturday, January 4, 2014

Frustrated

Well, I'm still pregnant, I guess. 5w6d today. No bleeding since the one episode of spotting. But that doesn't mean anything to me. I had no bleeding at all last time.

Since I'm in the US right now, my insurance situation is complicated. I decided to 1) call the insurance people to see if I can get an ultrasound in  MN and 2) call my regular doctor to set up an appointment for when I get back to Sweden.

As for #1, after talking to a bunch of people, I talked to a physician who agreed I needed an ultrasound next week. He is contacting a clinic they work with in Minneapolis, and I should be getting a call from them on Monday. Hopefully they will call and hopefully I can get a fast appointment.

#2 has not gone well. At all. In Sweden, if you, as a patient, want to talk to your doctor's office, you have to call a number and enter your phone number, and they call you back at a set time. I didn't think that would work since I'm not in Sweden, so I called the operator and asked them to put me through directly (after explaining the situation). They wouldn't connect me to the nurses' line, only to the secretaries' (not sure why that's a good idea?!?!) Eventually, I talked to a midwife and explained the situation. She was not at all nice or helpful. First big problem - my regular doctor is on sick leave. Bad news. She's been with me since the beginning of my first loss and knows my whole story. So that is already making things difficult. I really like her and trust her, and I'm really upset she's not available. The midwife said I needed to call when I get back (Jan 16) and make an appointment. Um.....WHAT? Then she offered to "try" to find me an appointment, and send me a letter if there were any available. I started to explain why, medically, I needed to be seen sooner than that. But mid-sentence, she says loudly "OK, thank you, bye!" And hung up. I started crying hysterically. How dare she. Mr. E was furious and called back, but no one would help us.

Then I tried the regular patient line, entering my US phone number. To my surprise, they did call back. I talked to a nurse who seemed nice at first. She offered me an appointment on Jan 23, at which point I would be almost 9 weeks. Not ok!! Long story short, she agreed to schedule a phone call with some doctor I don't know (since mine is on sick leave) on Jan 7. Hopefully speaking to an MD will help me get a quick appointment.

I am so frustrated. I feel like I'm a ticking time bomb. And I just fear it will be another empty sac. Mr. E is on a mission to get me to be more positive, but it is really, really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment