Sunday, January 19, 2014

Mrs. E, MD

On Friday, I graduated from medical school.

Five and a half years of blood, sweat, and tears. Long days at the hospital, long nights at the hospital, long study sessions at home. Biochemistry, Physiology, Anatomy, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Dermatology, Research, Surgery, Anesthesia, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Neurology, Psychiatry, OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Occupational Medicine, and several electives. Done, done, done.

It's been a long road, and it hasn't been easy. Med school is hard, and doing it in Swedish is an even bigger challenge. Mr. E has believed in me from the get-go, encouraging me to apply and telling me I could do it, even when I didn't believe in myself. Somehow, with a lot of support from family and friends, I did it. Several people have told me they're proud of me, and you know what, I'm proud of me too!

My first semester was really difficult, and there were many days where I didn't think I could do it, and I told Mr. E. He told me, "of course you can!" over and over and over again, more times than I could count. And when I passed that first final, I thought, you know, I just might be able to do this!

And I did.

I'm a doctor!

2 comments: