Sunday, March 22, 2015

Roller Coaster

Last Friday was a total roller coaster!

The Bad News (8:30am):
I had a ton of follies on my right side (about 16, and about 4 on my left). Everything looked ok on Wednesday but I guess something happened in those 2 days. Due to that, they think my risk of developing OHSS is too high and they said I have to do a freeze-all cycle. Which means no embryo transfer. They switched my trigger to Suprefact instead of hCG (which greatly decreases the risk of OHSS). To say I was devastated would be an understatement. I was totally not expecting that since everything had looked ok up until that point. And since I knew I had matched, I knew I would be moving stateside in 2-ish months, giving us minimal time for FET(s). I was, and still am, totally crushed. But I've come to terms with it and am just hoping we can squeeze a FET in. In the mean time, trying to focus on...

The Good News (5:55pm):
I matched into an AWESOME program!!! It was my #2 choice, but my #1 was really a reach. While I'm a little hurt my #1 didn't want me (since I told them they were my #1), I am very, very, VERY excited about my program!!!!

So, that day was a mix of happy and sad tears, complete and utter disappointment mixed with joy and pride. Embryo Retrieval is tomorrow, hoping we get some good embryos that fertilize and divide well, and that we can squeeze in at least one FET before I leave. In the mean time, I've been researching shipping embryos.......

No comments:

Post a Comment