Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Not looking good

Yesterday we saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac, measuring right on track. It was truly amazing to see something inside the sac, since my last pregnancy was just an empty sac. But the pregnancy is basically in the same spot as my last pregnancy, high up near my left tube. They don't know yet whether or not it's too far up or not. I go back next Wednesday for a new ultrasound. My hCG levels look good though, so that means either this pregnancy has a chance of turning out fine, or we will have to terminate due to the location.

Right now there's a big, big chance that this pregnancy is not going to work out and that we're going to have to terminate. The thought of having to do that is gut-wrenching, to say the least. I'm also terrified I'll have to have some complicated surgery that would make it impossible to ever carry a baby.

I love my little yolk sac so much already, even though we can't even see the baby yet. Please, please, please let this work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment