Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Well we have a plan for this loss

My hCG is dropping, but slowly. 182 to 117 in 6 days. Not ideal but at least it's not rising and doing weird things, I guess. I met with my RE yesterday, who did an ultrasound and saw a 3mm bubble-thing that is probably the pregnancy (in the uterus), but she said it was too small to say for sure. Either way, there's no sign of it being ectopic which is good. We talked about the options moving forward (coming back to Sweden to do the FET of the blastocyst, doing PGS in the US, etc). We discussed how to deal with this miscarriage, since I haven't started bleeding. I do NOT want to be miscarrying, or heaving forbid dealing with a complication, while driving a U-Haul with my dad. So we agreed I'd do the Mifepristone and Cytotec that I did with my second loss, but this time I can do it at home. But to do that, I would have to go to the GYN ER. Before I left, I thanked my RE for everything she had done for us, that I really appreciated all their help. I had already been crying but cried more when I said all that. And then she started crying and gave me a hug. I was so incredibly touched that a Swede did that. As you may know from reading this blog, Swedes tend to be a little cold and not express emotions. It meant a lot to see that she cared.

Off I went to the ER, aka the place where I found out about my 2nd loss and where I spent lots of time with losses #1 and #2. OH and did I mention, I had already been there earlier in the morning because I wanted to get my records. So the lady at the counter looked at me like I was nuts to be back here twice in one day. *Sigh.* I get myself checked in.

And then, I see a girl I went to med school with. At work, that shift. UGH! Seriously?! When I first saw her, my instinct was to look away. Mature, I know. But then I saw her again and we said hi. We hung out a lot in the beginning and were in the same group for a bunch of projects, so it would've been even more awkward to avoid it. I explained the situation to the midwife in triage and asked to see someone else. Fortunately, she was accommodating. I explained to my friend that I had requested someone else, and she understood. She was like, "oh, I hope everything's ok!" And I was just like....yeahno. Sweet though. I just kind of nodded.

Hours go by, then I get called in. And for the first time in my 4 years of all this bullshit, I get a really hot doctor! Fortunately he was also nice. Kept explaining exactly what he was going to do for the exam and ultrasound until I was like dude, I'm on my fifth miscarriage and I've done IVF, I'm good, just do it, I know the drill. He saw the same thing on ultrasound that my RE had seen, and agreed to prescribe the meds. I took the Mifepristone at the ER and I got a little envelope with me full of Cytotec and painkillers to take tomorrow.

Unfortunately, tomorrow is going to suck because I already had to go pick up another set of medical records, go to a doctor's appointment, and get my infusion of Remicade for my Crohn's. Now I have to have a miscarriage too. Oh man. But hopefully, since the sac is so tiny, it won't be too painful.

Only 5 days left in Sweden. Between this miscarriage bullshit, and the terrible weather (50's and raining, even hailing yesterday), I must say Sweden is not making much of an effort to get me to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment